CS1 - Cyber Security
About This Committee
The scope of Technical Committee INCITS/CS1 on Cyber Security is focused on the development of international standards in information security, cybersecurity, and privacy protection. This includes generic methods, techniques, and guidelines to address both security and privacy aspects, such as:
o Management of cybersecurity; in particular, information security management system (ISMS) standards, security processes, security controls and services.
o Cryptographic and other security mechanisms, including but not limited to mechanisms for protecting the accountability, availability, integrity and confidentiality of information.
o Security management support documentation including terminology, guidelines as well as procedures for the registration of security components.
o Security aspects of identity management, biometrics, and privacy.
o Conformance assessment, accreditation, and auditing requirements in the area of information security management systems.
o Security evaluation criteria and methodology and security requirements for cryptographic modules.
o Security requirements capture methodology.
The scope of CS1 also includes the development of U.S. standards in information security, cybersecurity, and privacy protection. Additionally, CS1 can collaborate with other INCITS technical committee to ensure that security and privacy are adequately addressed in U.S. standards that do not have information security, cybersecurity, and privacy protection as a primary focus.
The scope of CS1 explicitly excludes the areas of work on cyber security standardization presently underway in INCITS B10, M1, T3, T10 and T11 as well as other standard groups, such as ATIS, IEEE, IETF, TIA, and X9.
- Group ChairEric Hibbard, Samsung Semiconductor Inc (SSI)
- Vice ChairJohn Britton, Google
- SecretaryThomas Rivera, VMware Inc
- Int'l. RepNadya Bartol, BCG Platinion
- Executive Board
INCITS Techncial Committees
- Cloud Computing and Distributed Platforms (CLOUD38)
- Cyber Security (CS1)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) (AI)
- and Electronic Distributed Ledger Technologies (EDLT) (BLOCKCHAIN)
- Data Management and Interchange (DM32)
- Digital Manufacturing (DIGITALMANUFACTURING)
- Governance of IT (GIT1)
- of Organizations (GOVERNANCE)
- Computer Graphics & Image Processing (H3)
- Cards and Security Devices for Personal Identification (ID-CARDS)
- IT Sustainability (ITS39)
- Internet of Things (INTERNET-OF-THINGS)
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) (L1)
- Character Sets and Internationalization (L2)
- Coding of Audio, Picture, Multimedia, and Hypermedia Information (L3)
- Biometrics (M1)
- Programming Languages (PL22)
- Quantum Computing (QUANTUMCOMPUTING)
- Software and Systems Engineering (SSE)
- worthiness (TRUST)
- Open Systems (T3)
- SCSI Storage Interfaces (T10)
- Fibre Channel Interfaces (T11)
- ATA Storage Interfaces (T13)
- Office Equipment (W1)