The INCITS Awards Program provides the opportunity for the INCITS community to acknowledge and recognize those participants that have provided technical expertise and exhibited effective committee management while participating in standards development activities. INCITS wants to recognize the achievements of the technical experts and encourage nominations from those who hammer out the agreements and write the standards. Please forward any nominations/comments/questions to email@example.com.
Download the nomination form here.
The award recipients and photos are included below and indexed by year. You can view a simple cumulative list of the award recipients here.
Awards are presented in the following categories:
INCITS Chairman's Annual Award
This is an award presented to one INCITS participant who has provided outstanding service to the INCITS organization through committee work or duties assigned by the INCITS Chair. This individual is selected by the INCITS Chair.
Criteria for nomination:
Provided outstanding service to the INCITS organization through committee work or duties assigned by the INCITS Chair; assisted the Chair in progressing the work of INCITS.
INCITS Merit Award
This is an award presented to no more than four participants who have demonstrated continuous support for the work of INCITS, the criteria of which consists of:
- Long-standing (10+ years) member of an IOE;
- Made a significant contribution to at least two international SCs or WGs in a technical contributor or leadership role;
- Demonstrated continuous support for the work of INCITS; and
- Provided support to the Secretariat in progressing the work of INCITS.
INCITS Service Award
This is an award presented to no more than two participants who have provided outstanding service to the INCITS organization through committee work or duties during the past year.
The INCITS Gene Milligan Award for Effective Committee Management
This is an award presented to no more than four INCITS members holding an officer position within an IOE. It recognizes individuals who, as officers, have provided outstanding leadership to the IOE in its national and/ or international work, have demonstrated proficiency in achieving consensus in the national and/or international arenas and have followed the approved procedures in an exemplary fashion.
INCITS Technical Excellence
This is an award presented to no more than four participants to recognize their visible and significant technical contributions to the work of the TC (nationally or Internationally). This award is presented with the concurrence of the TC officers. A minimum of three years of participation in a TC by each recipient is required.
INCITS Award for Exceptional International Leadership
This is an award presented to no more that two participants for their exceptional leadership of an international committee. The criteria for the award are as follows:
- Minimum four years of continuous leadership of an international working group or subcommittee;
- Tangible results in the form of published International Standards or Technical Reports;
- Timely completion of projects that open global markets; and
- Chairing of meetings in which the views of National Bodies and their experts are given due consideration.
INCITS Team Award
This is an award presented to no more than two teams of participants who have provided outstanding service to the INCITS organization for work done on a single specification, standard, or other form of project, within a TC. The criteria for the award are as follows:
- Outstanding teamwork in rapidly progressing the subgroup's national and/or international activities;
- Demonstrated skill in developing technically sound standards.
INCITS Lifetime Achievement Award
This is an award presented to no more than one INCITS participant annually who has demonstrated a long-time commitment to INCITS and its national and international standardization activities. The criteria for the award are as follows:
- Long-standing member of INCITS;
- Demonstrated continuous and outstandingly effective support for the development of standards; and
- Meets two or more of the following requirements:
- Long-standing (10 or more years) participation in INCITS as an officer of an INCITS board, TC, or TG;
- Long standing participation (10 or more years) in INCITS as a technical editor or key contributor;
- Recipient of two or more awards;
- Long-standing participation (10 or more years) in international standards development.
INCITS Chairman's Award To be announced at the Awards dinner INCITS Merit Award Liping Di, George Mason University
Laura Lindsay, Microsoft
Paul Scarponcini, Bentley Systems Inc
INCITS Service Award Alvin Cox, Seagate Technology INCITS Gene Milligan Award for Effective Committee Management
William Martin, Samsung Semiconductor
Dean Wallace, QLogic Corporation
INCITS Technical Excellence Award
Roger Hathorn, IBM Corporation
Laurentiu Iancu, Microsoft
John Messina, NIST
Fiona Pattinson, Atsec Information Security Corporation
INCITS Lifetime Achievement Award
George Penokie, Broadcom Limited
- Prev Next